Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Wimbledon Windmill


Wimbledon Windmill
Originally uploaded by John Hamilton
Well, Flickr has certainly taken me on a journey, all the way down memory lane and back! I've found the shop where I used to work in Putney High Street, all the Tube stations that I frequented for getting out and about (in good weather and bad!), not to mention the many pubs that travellers continue to photograph and document. This windmill on Wimbledon Common was very close to where I was brought up. I used to love visiting it all year round: in the winter it was deserted, but in the summer you could buy ice creams at the shop. Now it's actually a museum, I've discovered. And to think I used to worry that one day it would just fall down and disintegrate. The power of tourism!

No comments: